The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It is the UN system’s authoritative voice on the state and behavior of the Earth’s atmosphere. its interaction with the ocean Produced weather conditions and the resulting distribution of water resources. WMO has 191 member states and territories (as of 1 January 2013). Its origins are from the International Meteorological Organization (IMO), which was founded in 1873.
Applications are invited for:
name: : WMO Community Platform Regional Office Internship
Nature of appointment: Internship for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
Begin duties: May 15, 2023
WMO Community Platform Regional Office Internship:
- The WMO Community Platform is a set of tools and technologies developed to collect, store, and display WMO member data and information about WMO members.
- The incumbent will assist with work, such as facilitating data collection activities in the region. and support checking member profiles Including data collection data processing and data analysis
- WMO Regional Office for North, Central and Western Africa (NCWA)
- Member Service and Development Department (Member Development Department)
Duties and responsibilities
The position holder will be responsible for the following under the guidance and overall supervision of the Supervisor at the Regional Office:
- Help WMO members and offices in the North, Central and Western Africa region using the community platform.
- Facilitate and/or deliver data collection across regional operations to support the use of member profiles. including data collection methods data processing and data analysis
- Check for consistency and coherence across countries. in the region of information contained in the member profile This includes assisting representative office staff in identifying, collecting and providing information relevant to the WMO community platform.
- Identify new information and data requirements to support regional operations and complete member profiles.
- Conduct a data collection audit to ensure that no unnecessary information is reflected and that all required information is recorded.
- Assist in implementing standardized data management policies, information systems, and products across regional offices and representative offices.
- Convert, import and export data from the system as needed.
- Perform additional tasks according to the role of intern in WMO as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent University degree from a recognized university or technical institute in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Graduation or enrollment in the previous year in a similar master’s program at a recognized university is considered an asset.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of related software such as Dynamics 365, Drupal, and Power BI.
- Data management skills
- Data analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.)
- Knowledge of ArcGIS will be helpful.
- Working with previous CRM and CMS systems will be an asset.
- A sense of responsibility, attention to detail, initiative, and the ability to work as a team.
- Some knowledge of the activities of WMO or other agencies. of the United Nations
- Excellent knowledge of English (speaking and writing)
Application closing date
April 15, 2023
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV to: (email protected) Use the job title as the subject of the letter.
- WMO is committed to achieving a diverse and balanced workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified women and men. Including people with disabilities.
- Only applicants for whom WMO has additional interest will be contacted.