The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh provides a 3-year part-time online master’s degree scholarship and a 2-year part-time postgraduate scholarship to students living or working in Africa who show academic and leadership potential. Excellent But there are few educational opportunities.
We are recruiting outstanding young people who are committed to furthering their education digitally to apply for online scholarships at the University of Edinburgh. Online study is a great way to gain a qualification. At the same time, you can work flexibly and continue living at home. Online degrees, although offered by the University of Edinburgh, are fully equivalent to degrees taught on campus.
Applicants can apply for either:
- online master’s degree (part-time for more than 3 years) or
- Online Graduate Diploma (Part time more than 2 years)
Online Master Degree
Master’s degree programs are usually aimed at those who have completed a bachelor’s degree and wish to develop further specialized knowledge in the same field of study or a similar career field. The MCF scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition. Small tuition costs to provide access to high quality internet, laptops and the opportunity to attend in-person summer school in Africa. This scholarship is designed to cover three years of part-time online study. In addition to financial support Academics will be involved in various activities. It is part of the Scholars program at the University of Edinburgh which includes online workshops. online coaching and support Applicants who already have a postgraduate qualification cannot apply for this scholarship.
Online Graduate Diploma
The Postgraduate Diploma is aimed at those who are considering a potential career change and are more likely to be interested in a vocational field. Applicants with a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university are equally welcome to apply. (Provided they have completed one of the degrees before December 2022.) The scholarship will cover full tuition. Small tuition costs to provide access to high quality internet, laptops and the opportunity to attend in-person summer school in Africa. This scholarship is designed to cover two years of part-time online study. In addition to financial support Academics will be involved in various activities. It is part of the Scholars program at the University of Edinburgh which includes online workshops. online coaching and support
Subjects that can be studied
Scholarships are available for the following online postgraduate courses only:
You must meet the criteria to apply:
- Applicants must meet the academic qualifications to study at the University of Edinburgh for the relevant degree programs listed above. Generally, you will need to hold a bachelor’s degree. (Hons) UK Second Level (Upper) or above. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country.
- Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s degree before December 2022 and must have official academic certificates and transcripts to upload alongside the application.
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of a sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must not have the funds to undertake independent supervised study.
- We welcome applications from female academics. Scholars from refugee and IDP backgrounds and academics with special disabilities (See FAQ below for more information)
- Applicants must demonstrate a history of leadership and service within their community.
- If applying to a master’s degree program: Applicants should not have previously completed a master’s degree. and should not register (or apply for enrollment) in a separate university while on a Mastercard Foundation scholarship
- If applying for a PG Diploma: Applicants can hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university (with either degree completed before December 2022). If you have a Master’s degree, Our admissions team will consider you for an undergraduate degree. (Bachelor degree) To meet the postgraduate diploma entry requirements, the MCF team will review your master’s transcript to confirm your graduation date and university location.
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger on September 1, 2023.
How to apply for the University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
You must meet academic qualifications to study at the University of Edinburgh. We would like applicants to apply for this scholarship. before Applying for university admission
If you believe you meet all the criteria, please apply.
Interested and qualified applicants should click here for more information and to apply.
Applications for our 2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program are for postgraduate courses only. Applications will open on Thursday 15 December at 10:00 AM UK time. Applications will close on Friday 27 January at 5:00 PM UK time.
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for more details.
If you have any questions Regarding Mastercard Foundation Scholarships, this is not answered in the FAQ. Please contact us at: (email protected).
We will also be holding an online information session on 13 and 20 January 2023, 4:00-5:00 PM UK time, for those interested in finding out more about the program and the application process. If you want to join Please register for the session using this form. We will have a recording of the January 13th session on this page on January 14th.