At University of British Columbia Applications are now being accepted for PhD Fellowships – Four-Year PhD Fellowships (4YF) which are open to interested students worldwide.
at UBC Doctoral Fellowship Program It will ensure that UBC’s best PhD, DMA and MDPhD students receive financial support of at least $18,200 per year plus tuition for up to four years of doctoral study.
About UBC PhD Scholarships
This program allows UBC to continue attracting and supporting outstanding domestic and international doctoral students. and provide those students with stable base funding for their doctoral studies and research.
Brief details about the UBC Doctoral Fellowship
- Fellowship Sponsors: UBC, Canada
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- Host Institution: UBC, Canada
- Program type: PhD scholarship
- Amount of funds: Min. $18,200 per year + tuition
- Number of prizes: Not specified
- Education level: Doctoral degree (Ph.D., DMA and MDPhD)
Eligibility Criteria | UBC PhD Scholarships 2023
- Four-year fellowships may be held by domestic and international students. They are generally awarded to students beginning the first year of full-time doctoral study, DMA or MDPhD, but may also be offered to continuing students.
- 4YF funding may be offered for up to four years. But the funding period may be shorter in some cases. (Please see the 4YF guidelines for details.) In all cases, funding will be based on satisfactory academic progress.
- Students who receive the following Tri-Agency awards are automatically assigned to 4YF: Vanier Scholarships, Canadian Graduate Doctoral Scholarships (CGSD), CIHR Doctoral Research Awards, Fellowships. NSERC Postgraduate Doctoral Studies (PGSD) and SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships
- Doctoral students who receive a Tri-Agency scholarship may be eligible for 4YF tuition coverage and will receive a 4YF stipend and tuition support when the external scholarship funding ends.
How to use
To be considered for a Four Year Fellowship, students must submit an application to the appropriate graduate program at UBC. For information on the admission process and requirements, please visit UBC. Please visit the application and admissions page.
All PhD, DMA and MDPhD applicants admitted will automatically be considered for 4YF funding.