Chevening in the UK Nigerian scholarships are currently ongoing. This is because Nigerians applying for the Chevening Scholarship 2020/2021 require you to fulfill all application requirements before you will be considered.
About the Chevening Scholarship 2021/2023
Chevening is the UK government’s global scholarship program that offers future leaders a unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to study for a one-year Master’s degree in any subject at a UK university.
Chevening offers fully-funded scholarships. This gives you the freedom to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You will live and study in the UK for one year. During this time you will develop both professionally and academically. Expand your network Experience the culture of the UK and build a lasting, positive relationship with the UK.
Eligibility Requirements for Chevening in the UK Nigeria Scholarships 2021/2023
To be eligible for a Chevening scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a country or territory eligible for Chevening
- Return to your country of citizenship for at least two years after your award ends.
- Complete all elements of your undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate course at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is generally equivalent to a 2:1 Upper Class Honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience
- Apply to three eligible UK university courses. and receive an unconditional offer from one of these options
- Meet Chevening English language requirements
You are not eligible for a Chevening scholarship if you:
- Hold British citizenship or dual British citizenship. (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold a BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Have refugee status in a country not eligible for Chevening. Applicants who are citizens of a country eligible for Chevening and who have refugee status in a country eligible for Chevening are eligible for the scholarship.
- Be an employee, former employee or relative* of an employee (since July 2017) of Her Majesty’s Government. Her Majesty the Queen (including British Embassy/High Commission Ministry of International Development Ministry of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Department of International Trade, Ministry of Defense and Home Office) or officials of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees or relatives* of employees (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply. but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization for which they work Previously worked or are related to relatives through relatives
- Have previously studied in the UK with support from a UK government scholarship
Once submitted, applications will be electronically filtered against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed to be ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted You will not be able to make changes retroactively.
Eligible work experience types
You must ensure that you meet the minimum work experience requirements for the scholarship before submitting your Chevening application. The Chevening scholarship requires applicants to have at least two years of work experience.
If you do not yet have the required work experience You will not be able to submit your application.
Types of work experience eligible for Chevening may include:
- full time employment
- Part-time employment
- Volunteer work
- Paid or unpaid internships
Work experience can be completed before, during or after completing a bachelor’s degree. However, any compulsory employment that count towards your undergraduate or postgraduate course will not be eligible.
You are not required to meet the work experience requirements for any period of employment. Applicants can submit up to ten different periods of employment to meet the requirements. If you hold more than 10 positions, please enter the period that accounts for the most hours worked.
Because Chevening scholarships are fully funded. Your rewards are as follows:
- University tuition
- Monthly stipend
- Cost of travel to and from the UK
- Arrival Allowance
- Allowance for traveling home
- Cost of one visa application
- Travel scholarship to attend Chevening events in the UK.
SEE ALSO: Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020/2021 for (International Students)
Courses eligible for Chevening in the UK Nigeria Scholarships 2021/2023
To be eligible, your chosen course must be full time, and:
- Starting during the fall semester. (usually September/October)
- Taught at Master’s level (i.e. not a research-intensive MRes program)
- Leads to a Master’s degree qualification.
- Located in the United Kingdom
The course cannot:
- not full time
- distance learning
- for a period of less than nine months
- in a period of more than 12 months
- PhD or DPhil
- Taught by studying outside of the UK for more than one month.
How to Apply for Fully Funded Chevening UK Scholarships 2021/2023
This scholarship is open to Masters degree students in any field of study.
What is the scholarship worth?
The Chevening Scholarship covers flights, accommodation, full tuition fees, books, research costs and a stipend, worth more than £18,000.
Get all the details: https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/nigeria/
Application link: https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/nigeria/
Application closing date
Applications for the 2021/2023 Chevening Scholarships are now open.
please record: Applying for a scholarship is free and the winner will be contacted by mail. And there’s no offline mode or reliable Office.