About the Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program
After several highly successful rounds of the Global Citizen Scholarship Program, the Baan Ki-moon Center for Global Citizenship (BKMC) is proud to announce the re-opening of applications for what will be the 6th round of our GC Scholarships. Its objective is to empower African youth. Global citizens who are passionate about implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The GC Scholarship is a fully virtual scholarship program that empowers young African change makers to address one or more SDGs in their communities by proposing and implementing SDG Micro projects. -Project that are localized while also benefiting from the summer school as well as various specialist training sessions. and workshops on specific topics
Training goals 15 African changemakers, ages 20 to 35, from African countries
Start date: 04.05.2023
Do you or not?…
- Young and energetic African global citizen leaders aged 20 – 35 years.
- Passionate about action towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Want to learn more about Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development in the online summer school with MCI Innsbruck and
- Be ready to address one or more SDGs in your community by proposing and implementing an SDG Micro-Project. translated into local languages during the scholarship period from May – December 2023
- Minimum English level – B2
- Have completed at least 1 year of a master’s program or are currently studying for a doctoral degree, or within 2 years of graduating from a master’s program or higher.
If your answer is yes, already start And nominate yourself!
During the nomination process You will need to enter:
- Your personal details (such as name, contact information, date of birth, address, nationality, gender, education, language ability Brief history description)
- Your professional details (e.g. academic title, organization name, role)
- SDG micro project information (addressed topics, issues and SDGs general process and implementation)
In the final step of the nomination process You will be prompted to attach the following documents:
- Motivational letter (maximum 250 words)
- Photo of yourself (JPEG or PNG type)
- Video introducing yourself (maximum 30 seconds, MP4 or MOV format)
- Your CV
- Over the course of 8 months, the selected academics will have the opportunity to sharpen their skills on the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals. Raise the level of knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship for sustainable development. and connect to professional networks
- Additionally, some of the benefits you will receive include full cost coverage for summer training with MCI Innsbruck and coverage of other specialist workshops. US$500 seed fund to support SDG Micro-Project implementation to be distributed after success Submission of project proposals and certificates of completion received after the completion of the SDG Micro-Project. Signed by the co-chairman of the Ban Ki Moon Center.