The program consists of approximately 70 scholarships worth up to 10,000 AUD, with 35 awards to applicants from higher education institutions in each country. This program is open to eligible research students and Postdoctoral scholar (early stage researchers) in all fields of study
- Scholarship Sponsors: Australian government
- Host Institution: Higher education institutions in Australia and India
- Scholarship Worth: AUD $10,000 Flight Ticket and living expenses
- Number of prizes: 70
- Education level: Research students and post-doctoral scholars
- nationality: international students
Details of the Australia-India Research Student Association
AIRS Fellows will carry out a research project during their 4 to 8 week exchange, which will be completed by mid-October 2023. The AIRS Fellowship was jointly offered at the 5th Australian India Studies Council in Delhi in November. 2019
It was launched in August 2022 at the 6th Australian India Education Council meeting, co-chaired by the Hon Jason Clare, Minister of Education of Australia, and the Hon Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education of India and Minister of Skills and Entrepreneurship Development. action The program is run by the Australia India Institute and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education.
To be eligible for the Australian Government Indian Research Student Fellowship Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Master’s degree by research student (including Master of Science and Master of Philosophy)
- Master’s degree by a student in a research subject or research component.
- Doctoral research student (including Doctor of Philosophy)
- Postdoctoral scholar (Early Career Researcher) no more than 5 years after Ph.D.
- Undergraduate students are not eligible.
- Doctoral students participating in the joint Australian-India PhD program are not eligible.
How to use
How to use: Before applying, please read the complete guidelines, which includes important information about eligibility and documents required to submit an application.
Applications can only be made via the online application form. You must be registered as a researcher with ARCH-India to view and submit the application form. Registering your profile on ARCH-India also allows you to save and revisit your application.